My 2017 Liebster Award Nomination!
In the blogging world there are these cool virtual awards passed on from one blogger to another blogger. Guess what? YUP… You guessed right! Just Like You…I Am Every Woman has been nominated for one award in particular, the 2017 “Liebster Award.”
I am new to blogging and I’ve never heard of such awards until these past few weeks. Upon researching through my “best friend” Google, here’s what I found:
- Apparently this award is dated back to 2011
- It’s not an actual award that you receive and place on your mantle, it only exists online
- There isn’t a real competition with specific qualifications to win.
- The main purpose of these awards are to spread some love, promote and connect with other bloggers.
- They are quite similar and can even be considered the same as chain letters you receive via text message or Facebook Messenger.
I think it’s an awesome way of networking and gaining exposure both for the nominators and the nominees. In my opinion it’s also another form of expressing to another blogger that you are a “Bad @ss Boss!”
To you, this may not be interesting but to me this is totally AWESOME! The purpose of this online award is in line with the mission of my cause. Just Like You… I Am Every Woman is an Urban Girl’s Journey to Living Outside of Herself. We are dedicated to encourage, inspire, educate and motivate Minority Women without a village and support system. We intend to offer them a community where they will find solace, resources and gain what they are lacking.
I have only been blogging for 25 days. Well… its 3:21AM EST so now I can say 26 days. I have a long ways to go but I’m so very proud of myself and of the exposure my blog is getting. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
The lovely Trupti Bhatt at Girls Glamour has nominated me for my first 2017 Liebster Award. Girls Glamour is a platform for women that offers information on health & wellness, home & interior, beauty & fashion, styling & grooming kids & parenting, travel and life events.
Getting nominated for this award is a form of endearment and a spark of a new friendship.
With these awards:
- Acceptance is optional.
- There are specific rules that must be followed and reciprocated.
The 2017 Liebster Award Rules are pretty simple:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the follow:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (optional)
- Nominate 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award and who has less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste off my post or visit this site.)
- Lastly, inform the people/blogs that you nominated and provide a link for them to your post.
Here are the questions I was asked to answer by Girls Glamour:
Tell us about your blog?
My blog Just Like You… I Am Every Woman is an Urban Girl’s Journey to Living Outside of Herself. We are dedicated to encourage, inspire, educate and motivate Minority Women without a village and support system. We intend to offer them a community where they will find solace, resources and gain what they are lacking.
How did you start blogging?
I’ve always thought of starting a blog but my nerves got the best of me and I never mustered up enough coverage to start. I created this blog because I have experienced so much in life and I have a story to tell. My story will help someone, encourage someone, prevent someone from making a mistake, save someone and it could very well become JUST ANOTHER STORY. I’m willing to take that chance. I don’t have a “Village” of my own so I am on a journey to create one.
What and who motivates you to write?
My overall life experiences motivates me to write down my thoughts. It’s actually therapy and gives me such a “release.” Being a single mother and a sole provider also motivates me to tell my story and share tips that helped me along the way.
Tell us about your favorite blog post?
My favorite blog post that I’ve written so far is definitely Today I Am A Professional and Miss Lady’s Story. (I know you asked for one but these are equally my favorite and are significantly important to me) I am a very private woman. Honestly, the mandatory need for transparency was the reason for me prolonging starting a blog. In order for me to be an inspiration, I would first have to accept, embrace and allow myself to be transparent.
What are your hobbies other than a blogger?
I am a working mom and a single mom so I barely have “free time.” But I enjoy reading and I have developed a love of traveling. Although, me and my little ones have only traveled within the US, we’ve traveled to quite a few cities so far. Check them out at Travel Tip Thursday. I love DIY projects and anything related to math. I enjoy debating and spending as much time with my children as possible.
I have to pay it forward and nominate 5 bloggers. My nominees are:
Lisa Hollis at Sharing Lisa
Kiara “Katie” Allen at Katies’ Words of Wisdom
Esther “Hadassah” Regala at Brown Mom Rising
Michelle Carnes at High Heels and Homework
Rebekah Christie at Bored With Bekka
You are all doing an amazing job so far and I want to personally say Congratulations!
Here are my 11 questions for the nominees:
- How long have you been blogging?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Does blogging replace or enhance journalism?
- What is your favorite inspirational quote?
- When do you find time to blog?
- What do you think of my blog and do you have any recommendations for improvement? (Besides a spell checker, WordPress just updated one of their plugins so I’ll be redoing some posts soon!!)
- What is your favorite blog post written by you and why?
- What advice and/or tips do you have for new bloggers?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Renting vs Homeownership, which do you prefer?
- What impact do you plan on having on the world?
Thank you once again to Trupti Bhatt at Girls Glamour for nominating me. I so can’t wait to see everyone’s answers to my questions!
Shoot us an email at email@example.com!